1. Plan your session around your child's "happy hour"
2. Nail the poses first then cut em' loose!
**No one was hurt in the photo above**
3. When you start losing attention, give simple directions
4. Pick a place where you can be you...
5. Enjoy and live in the moment!
It's SUPER EASY to get stressed out about family portraits... especially because we come in with expectations like, "...this is the only time in the year when we can do this..." Our hope is always that the pictures will come out looking fabulous. One of the reasons I enjoy photo-journalism or pushing to tell a story with every photo I take is because these are intimate moments that change constantly. If the photos that we take stand the test of time... eventually you'll find that the value of each image wasn't necessarily getting the pose right, or even having everyone look directly at the camera (< - All good things)... but it was the time spent together and the moment immortalized that speaks the true value into the image.